Dr. Haigler is a board-certified/ SC licensed Orofacial Pain Specialist. This means the focus of her practice is TMJ disorders, Headache, Neuropathic Pain (like Trigeminal Neuralgia), and Obstructive Sleep Apnea. She understands that these nonvisible conditions can be a large impact on quality of life, and she wants to help.
About Dr. Mary Charles Haigler
Dr. Haigler was born and raised in South Carolina and completed her Doctorate in Dental Medicine at Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC). She practiced General Dentistry for several years before she realized that there was a need for an Orofacial Pain Specialist in our area. Along the way, she learned to embrace a philosophy of knowing each patient as an individual and tailoring care for them.
She completed a Continuum in Orofacial Pain at Louisiana State University’s Dental School, as well as a postdoctoral Masters degree in Orofacial Pain and Oral Medicine from the University of Southern California’s Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry. She became board certified in Orofacial Pain and became the first licensed Orofacial Pain Specialist in South Carolina.
Dr. Haigler wants to help you to identify and manage conditions like: TMD (TMJ disorder), headache (migraine, cluster, paroxysmal hemicrania, tension type headache), sleep disordered breathing (obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea), bruxism (clenching/grinding), neuropathic pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia, Atypical Facial Pain, Post Herpetic Neuralgia), myalgia (muscle pain), and trigger point with referral, and other oral pathologies that are causing patients to suffer.
Education and Residency
- BS in Biology—Winthrop University
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)—Medical University of South Carolina James B. Edwards College of Dental Medicine
- Continuum in Orofacial Pain—Louisiana State University
- MS in Orofacial Pain and Oral Medicine—University of Southern California’s Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry
Amazing 5-Star Reviews
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orofacial Pain (ABOP)
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orofacial Pain
- South Carolina Specialty License in Orofacial Pain
- Member of the American Headache Society
Dr. Haigler enjoys spending her time away from work with her family. She and her husband have a son and a daughter who keep them very busy. She also enjoys being able to serve on the Board of Directors for Beyond Abuse.