Board-certified oral surgeon Dr. James Tankersley Jr. feels honored to treat his patients and provide high quality care at Carolinas Center for Oral & Facial Surgery.
About Dr. Tankersley
Dr. Tankersley completed his bachelor’s degree in Zoology from Clemson University and earned his Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree from the Medical University of South Carolina, James B. Edwards College of Dental Medicine. Following dental school, Dr. Tankersley completed both his oral surgery residency and general practice residency at the Medical University of South Carolina.
He began private practice immediately, and when his daughter, Dr. Ashley Tankersley, returned to Greenville, he spoke to Dr. Jim Howell about Ashley joining the team. Dr. James Tankersley Jr. knew that this practice operated with good intentions and outstanding results, and Dr. Howell invited both him and Ashley to join the team.
As a religious person, Dr. Tankersley believes in being there to serve his patients. He understands it can be scary to sit in the operating chair and considers it an honor if a patient wants the staff to pray for them. With oral surgery, each day brings new challenges that Dr. Tankersley is eager to overcome with the help of the amazing staff here at Carolinas Center for Oral & Facial Surgery.
Education and Residency
- Clemson University
- BS in Zoology
- Medical University of South Carolina, James B. Edwards College of Dental Medicine
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)
- Medical University of South Carolina
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency
- General Practice Residency
Amazing 5-Star Reviews
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- South Carolina Dental Association (SCDA)
- Piedmont Dental Society
- Greenville County Dental Society
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS)
Dr. Tankersley specializes in implant dentistry, wisdom teeth removal, and reconstructive surgery such as facial trauma treatment.
Dr. Tankersley loves working with his hands and being outdoors. When he’s not at work, he and his wife have a couple of small farms that they lease for crops. He has five amazing children and enjoys spending time with his daughter Ashley both inside and outside of the office.