Dr. Dawson is a talented prosthodontist who has been nationally recognized for his contributions to the field.
About Dr. Hunter Dawson
Dr. Dawson is from central North Carolina, growing up in a small farm town. He attended NC State University, where he earned his Bachelor of Science in Biology in 2010.
After graduating from the University of Louisville School of Dentistry, he continued his education by completing a full-time Advanced Education Residency in Prosthodontics at the University of Louisville. Dr. Dawson has multiple publications in areas of complex implant rehabilitations using digital workflows and guided implant surgery. He is an adjunct associate professor at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill.
Dr. Dawson has been practicing in central North Carolina since 2017. Some of the most complex oral health situations are referred to Dr. Dawson for reconstructive dental treatment. Dr. Dawson practices full time and regularly lectures both nationally and internationally. Lecture topics for continuing education courses include comprehensive diagnostics and treatment planning, implant prosthodontics, digital dental workflows, intraoral scanning, dental occlusion, airway prosthodontics, and guided implant surgery.
Education and Residency
- BS in Biology—North Carolina State University
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)—University of Louisville School of Dentistry
- Advanced Education Residency in Prosthodontics—University of Louisville
Amazing 5-Star Reviews
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, UNC-Chapel Hill School of Dentistry
- President of NC Section of American College of Prosthodontists (ACP)
- Academy of Osseointegration
- International Team for Implantology
- North Carolina Dental Society
- Southeastern Academy of Prosthodontists
- SPEAR Educator
Dr. Dawson and his family call Charlotte, NC home. When Dr. Dawson is not practicing dentistry or providing dental education, you will find him traveling throughout NC spending time with family.
Dr. Dawson’s special interests include full mouth implant reconstruction, guided implant surgery, dental implants, complex implant rehabilitation, digital dental technology, and providing dental continuing education.
Awards & Recognition
- American College of Prosthodontists Award for Outstanding Achievement in Prosthodontics Education
- Graduated from the Advanced Education Program in Prosthodontics, University of Louisville, 2017
- Southeastern Academy of Prosthodontics Award Recipient, 2017
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, UNC-Chapel Hill School of Dentistry, 2017–Present
- President of NC Section of American College of Prosthodontists, 2018–Present
Articles & Publications
- Authored on Novel Restorative Materials for Implant Reconstruction
- Authored on Full Mouth Implant Reconstruction Workflows
- Author for SPEAR Digest