Dr. Mohamed is a dual-degree surgeon who performs a variety of cosmetic procedures at Carolinas Center for Cosmetic Surgery.
About Dr. Waheed Mohamed
Dr. Waheed V. Mohamed joined our practice from the Lone Star State. He completed a fellowship in full body Cosmetic Surgery at The Cosmetic Surgical Center of Texas after training in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in New Orleans, LA.
Dr. Mohamed received his undergraduate degree at the University of Texas at Austin, earned his Doctorate of Dental Surgery at Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas, and completed an internship in maxillofacial trauma and reconstruction in New Orleans. His work in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina earned him a national community service award, and his research work also earned him a national resident award.
Dr. Mohamed remained in New Orleans to complete medical school, a general surgery internship, and his residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Louisiana State University. His training there involved trauma, pathology, corrective jaw surgery and cosmetic surgery of the face. After spending 10 years understanding the human face, he joined Dr. Howard Tobin for a fellowship in cosmetic surgery.
Today, Dr. Mohamed continues to focus his extensive education and experience on Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery at Carolinas Center for Cosmetic Surgery. His interests includes otoplasty (ear surgery), cosmetic corrective jaw surgery, rhinoplasty (nose rearranging or reshaping) and liposculpture.
Education and Residency
- Bachelor’s Degree—University of Texas
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)—Baylor College of Dentistry
- Medical Degree (MD)—Louisiana State University
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency—Louisiana State University
- Fellow – American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
Amazing 5-Star Reviews
- Board-Certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS)
- Board-Certified by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery (ABCS)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS)
Dr. Mohamed’s special interests include facial and cosmetic surgery.
Charlotte Office (Billingsley Rd)
Charlotte, NC 28211