Dr. Kain is a board-certified oral surgeon with extensive training in wisdom teeth surgery, dental implants and bone grafting, corrective jaw surgery, facial trauma surgery, head and neck pathology, and associated reconstructive surgery.
About Dr. Nicholas Kain
Dr. Nicholas J. Kain, a board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon, was born and raised in Sanford, North Carolina. He attended North Carolina State University as a Centennial Scholar and graduated as Valedictorian with Bachelor of Science degrees in both Polymer and Color Chemistry and General Chemistry.
Dr. Kain continued his education at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry where he obtained his Doctorate of Dental Surgery. While obtaining his doctorate, Dr. Kain served as the Chairman of the Graduate Honor Council and participated in numerous community outreach programs. At the conclusion of his training at the University of North Carolina, Dr. Kain was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental society, an honor based on academic achievement and professional conduct.
Dr. Kain completed his internship and residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the highly renowned Virginia Commonwealth University/Medical College of Virginia Medical Center in Richmond, Virginia. During his surgical training, Dr. Kain continued his scholarly activities leading to the publication, as well as presentation, of multiple peer-reviewed research articles and textbook chapters. Dr. Kain had the honor of being named Chief Resident during his final year of surgical training.
Education and Residency
- BS in Chemistry and Polymer & Color Chemistry—North Carolina State University
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery (DDS)—University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency—Virginia Commonwealth University/Medical College of Virginia Medical Center
Amazing 5-Star Reviews
- Board-Certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS)
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- American Student Dental Association (ASDA)
- North Carolina Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (NCSOMS)
Outside of the office, Dr. Kain enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter. He is an avid outdoorsman and enjoys mountain biking, hunting, fishing, and snow sports. Dr. Kain also enjoys playing the guitar and drums.
Clinically, Dr. Kain has a strong interest and extensive training in third molar (wisdom tooth) surgery, dental implants and bone grafting, corrective jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery), facial trauma surgery, head and neck pathology, and associated reconstructive surgery.