After more than 20 years leading Western North Carolina in implant reconstruction, Dr. John Robinson brings his talent and knowledge to our practice with primary focus in our Gastonia office.
About Dr. John Robinson
A native of Charleston, SC, Dr. Robinson was a member of the All Academic Tennis Team while attending Francis Marion University, where he studied Biology. Dr. Robinson began his career in healthcare as a Pharmacist upon completion of a Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy from The Medical University of South Carolina.
Dr. Robinson comes from a family of dental professionals which helped influence him to obtain his Doctor of Dental Medicine from MUSC. Following dental school, he relocated to New England while attending his Residency in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at The University of Connecticut Health Center. Dr. Robinson holds Board Certifications in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Dental Anesthesiology. After relocating to North Carolina, he has worked alongside outstanding colleagues throughout the state and is Past President of the NC Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Education and Residency
- BS in Biology—Francis Marion University
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)—Medical University of South Carolina James B. Edwards College of Dental Medicine
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency—The University of Connecticut Health Center
- BS in Pharmacy—Medical University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy
Amazing 5-Star Reviews
- Board-Certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS)
- Board-Certified by the American Board of Dental Anesthesiology
- Registered Pharmacist (RPh)
While Dr. Robinson tries his best to master fishing in the South Carolina Lowcountry, his true passion is full-arch reconstruction utilizing dental implants, which are frequently performed in a single day. He also specializes in wisdom tooth surgery and other surgical procedures with and without bone grafting. He is a frequent lecturer to dental professionals and has spearheaded many continuums where he enjoys sharing and interacting with colleagues.