Dr. Horton is an extensively trained and recognized prosthodontist who leads the prosthodontics team at Carolinas Center for Dental Implants.
About Dr. Craig Horton
A native of Oconee County, South Carolina, Dr. Horton graduated from Walhalla High School and enrolled at Presbyterian College, where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. He then went on to attend the College of Dental Medicine at the Medical University of South Carolina, where he received a DMD degree in 2005.
Dr. Horton was a practicing dentist for 2 years before returning to a residency in Prosthodontics at the University of Florida, where he earned a Masters of Science in Dental Sciences and a certificate in Prosthodontics. While in Florida, he served as Chief Resident and is still a recognized, visiting faculty member of their Prosthodontics Department.
In addition, Dr. Horton received advanced training in Frankfurt, Germany, and Zurich, Switzerland. His course of study included time spent at renowned institutions, such as the Pikos Implant Institute, Arun Garg’s Implant Seminars, Misch Institute, Dawson Academy, Melker Seminars, Frankfurt University, and the University of Zurich, among others.
Education and Residency
- BS in Biology—Presbytarian College
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)—Medical University of South Carolina James B. Edwards College of Dental Medicine
- MS in Dental Sciences—University of Florida
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency—University of Florida
Amazing 5-Star Reviews
- American College of Prosthodontics
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- South Carolina Dental Association (SCDA)
- Piedmont Dental Society, Tri-County Dental Society