Dr. Farrell’s experience in orthognathic surgery has allowed him to lecture across the country about safe and efficient jaw surgery techniques.
About Dr. Brian Farrell
Hard work on the basketball court and in the classroom earned Dr. Brian Farrell a place as a GTE Athletic/Academic All-American while he earned his bachelor’s degree at Iowa’s Wartburg College. Throughout dental school at the University of Iowa and medical school at Louisiana State University, he distinguished himself with honors ranging from Intern of the Year to accolades for high achievement in gross anatomy. After receiving his doctorate in medicine in 2001, he completed a surgical internship in general surgery at Charity Hospital, as well as an oral and maxillofacial surgery residency at the Louisiana State University Health Science Center.
Today, Dr. Farrell continues his dedication to learning and sharing his experience and insights by lecturing throughout the country on orthognathic surgery and techniques for providing safe efficient corrective jaw surgery in an outpatient setting.
As a member of the team at the Carolinas Center for Oral & Facial Surgery, Dr. Farrell performs orthognathic surgery, bone grafting and dental implants, and facial cosmetic surgery, as well as other procedures. As a board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon, he has co-authored multiple articles and chapters covering dental and facial deformities and outpatient orthognathic surgery.
Education and Residency
- Bachelor’s Degree—Wartburg College
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)—University of Iowa College of Dentistry
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)—Louisiana State University
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency—Louisiana State University Health Science Center
Amazing 5-Star Reviews
- Board-Certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS)
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (ACOMS)
- American College of Surgeons (ACS)
Dr. Farrell practices the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with a special interest in orthognathic (jaw) surgery.
Charlotte, NC 28277