Whether you’ve recently had a tooth extraction or have been missing teeth for many years, you may be a candidate to receive dental implants. An implant is a titanium structure that is attached to the jaw bone to provide support for a replacement tooth. They are an alternative to dentures, which can be removed from the mouth. If you have one or more missing or failing teeth, you may be a candidate for dental implants in Charlotte, NC.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO RECEIVE IMPLANTS?
The average cost of dental implants varies depending on your specific case. We take several factors into consideration when determining the cost of your dental implant tooth restoration. These include the number of implants you need, if you require tooth extractions or bone grafts, your dental insurance, and the type of sedation you choose.
To find out how much your dental implant treatment would cost, we recommend coming in for a consultation. One of our oral surgeons will walk you through your options for tooth replacement; if dental implants are right for you, we can discuss how much your treatment would cost.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CHOOSING DENTAL IMPLANTS IN CHARLOTTE, NC?
Implants can aid you by:
- Increasing your ability to chew food properly
- Removing the hassle of dealing with dentures or missing teeth
- Improving your self-esteem and making you more confident in your smile by looking just like natural teeth
- Saving you money by removing the long-term costs of utilizing other treatment options
- Lasting a lifetime with proper care
ARE THERE ANY DISADVANTAGES TO IMPLANTS?
Implant placement is a relatively simple procedure that involves little pain or discomfort for the patient. In general, if a patient can handle a tooth extraction, implants shouldn’t cause a problem. Implants that have been properly placed by a qualified professional present a very low risk of side effects and are generally not noticeable or uncomfortable in any way. The chances of negative side effects increase when generic or low-quality implants are used, so it’s important to choose an implant with a high success rate through an oral surgery professional like us at Carolinas Center for Dental Implants.
WHAT TYPES OF IMPLANTS ARE AVAILABLE?
There are two main types of implants available to patients today.
- Endosteal implants, which are small, screw-shaped devices that are attached to the jawbone. This is the most common type of implant.
- Zygomatic implants, which are a restorative solution for patients with severe upper jaw bone loss. These implants have longer posts and are inserted into the zygomatic bone (cheek bone) for support.
One major advantage that dental implants have over other forms of tooth replacement is their versatility. Your oral surgeon will evaluate your specific needs and customize the dental implant treatment accordingly. At our practice, we offer many types of dental implant procedures that a variety of patients can benefit from. These include:
- Single Dental Implants. If you’re missing a single tooth, your surgeon can insert a single implant in its place. This can be performed as often as necessary throughout the mouth.
- Immediate Implants. Your surgeon can place a dental implant post into the empty socket at the same time as a tooth extraction, saving you time and money.
- Full-Arch Restoration. When you need a full mouth of teeth replaced, we can place only a few dental implant posts and attach them to a fixed prosthesis. This eliminates the need for traditional dentures.
HOW DO DENTAL IMPLANT COSTS COMPARE TO THE COST OF GOING WITHOUT THE IMPLANTS?
You have many options to consider when replacing one or more teeth. Removable dentures or traditional bridges and partials are often cheaper upfront, but these options do not prevent jaw bone loss. You must replace dentures every few years, while your dental implant is designed to last long term. Dentures and partials often require special rinses to keep them clean, while your dental implant requires the same care as a natural tooth—regular brushing and flossing.
If you do not restore a missing tooth with a dental implant, you risk jaw bone deterioration over time due to lack of stimulation. Treatment for severe jaw bone loss can be costly and require lengthy treatment and recovery times. Dental implants are the only replacement solution that provides the jaw bone with the stimulation it needs to keep it strong and healthy. By choosing dental implants or implant-based solutions, you protect your future oral health. If you have an infected tooth or teeth and leave it untreated, the infection can progress to oral disease or spread to other teeth and gums. Untreated infections can cause tooth decay, periodontal disease, or the infection could spread throughout the body.
If you’re ready to receive dental implants or would like more information about the procedure, please contact one of our convenient locations in North and South Carolina. We are the most qualified professionals, and we’d love to help guide you through this process to a beautiful, healthy smile.
We Have 3 Convenient Locations
Charlotte – Billingsley Rd
411 Billingsley Rd, Ste 105
Charlotte, NC 28211
Charlotte – Blakeney
8840 Blakeney Professional Dr, Ste 300
Charlotte, NC 28277
Charlotte – University
8738 University City Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28213