After years of moving about the U.S., Dr. Gill is excited to be back home in the Tar Heel State. A native of Kings Mountain, NC, Dr. Gill graduated from Kings Mountain High School and went on to attend Presbyterian College on a volleyball scholarship. While there, she graduated with honors with a B.S. in Biology. After college, Dr. Gill attended the Medical University of South Carolina, James B. Edwards College of Dental Medicine earning her doctorate of dental medicine while regularly being named to the Dean’s List during her attendance.
She then proceeded to complete a general practice residency as well as an oral and maxillofacial surgery internship before starting her formal oral surgery program. Dr. Gill finished residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin, Froedtert Hospital, where she was the chief resident in her final year of training. After residency, Dr. Gill completed a fellowship at Advanced Facial and Oral Surgery/ Dallas Children’s Hospital in Dallas, TX under the tutelage of Dr. Douglas P. Sinn, focusing on Orthognathic and Temporomandibular Joint Surgery.
During her many years of scholastic endeavors, Dr. Gill has also co-authored several peer-reviewed journal articles and book chapters ranging from topics of maxillofacial pathology, dentoalveolar surgery and head and neck reconstruction. Dr. Gill enjoys the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with special emphasis on dentoalveolar surgery, dental implants, TMJ disorders, and jaw surgery.
Dr. Gill is a self-professed “foodie” who enjoys reading, traveling, sports and spending time with friends and family.
- Undergraduate – Presbyterian College — Clinton, SC
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine (DMD) – Medical University of South Carolina, James B. Edwards College of Dental Medicine – Charleston, SC
- General Practice Residency – Newark Beth Israel Medical Center – Newark, NJ
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Internship – University of Illinois at Chicago – Chicago, IL
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency – Medical College of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, WI
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Fellowship (Orthognathic and TMJ Surgery) – Advanced Facial and Oral Surgery (Dallas Children’s Hospital) – Dallas, TX