Instantly Enjoy the Benefits of Dental Implants Following Extraction
At Carolinas Center for Dental Implants, we make it possible for more patients to experience the life-changing benefits of tooth restoration with dental implants. Our elite team of oral and maxillofacial surgeons specialize in implant dentistry and custom treatment plans. Dental implants offer many health benefits, such as preventing the jaw bone from deteriorating and keeping adjacent teeth in proper alignment. Patients who choose dental implants to replace one or more missing teeth can experience a complete smile again that looks and functions naturally.
Immediate Dental Implants
In order to be a candidate for a dental implant, you must have adequate bone in your jaw to support it. When a tooth is missing for a long time, the jaw bone will atrophy in the place where the tooth is missing due to lack of stimulation. Our oral surgeons can place a bone graft to help regrow the bone in this area. Once the graft has healed, you will have enough sturdy bone to serve as a foundation for a dental implant.
An adult tooth sometimes needs to be extracted because of damage, disease, decay, or for orthodontic purposes. As long as there is enough bone in the jaw, you can receive a dental implant on the same day as your tooth extraction. Immediately replacing a missing tooth with a dental implant reduces the total number of appointments necessary for tooth restoration. Additionally, you can leave the office without having to experience missing any part of your smile.
Having a dental implant placed on the same day as tooth extraction offers many benefits, including:
- High success rate
- Reduced number of surgical appointments needed
- Keeping the jaw bone healthy with continuous stimulation
- Complete and immediate smile
Options After Extractions
After having a tooth extracted, there are several tooth replacement options to consider. Our experienced surgeons will help determine the right choice for your specific needs.
- Single Tooth Replacement. One dental implant is used to replace a single missing tooth. You can have a dental implant placed anywhere in the mouth, as long as there is enough bone to support it.
- Immediate Implants. Same-day implants are placed at the same appointment as the extraction, instantly restoring your smile appearance and function.
- Implant-Supported Bridge. A bridge cosmetically restores multiple missing teeth beside each other in the dental arch. One or several dental implants can support a bridge, protecting your healthy teeth from being reshaped to fit the prosthesis.
- Full-Arch Restoration. If you’re missing many or all of your teeth, our surgeons can extract the remaining teeth and use multiple dental implants to secure a fixed denture. This treatment restores your entire smile with natural-looking permanent teeth.
- No Replacement. Leaving a missing tooth untreated will cause the jaw bone to atrophy in that area over time due to lack of stimulation. This can lead to dental shifting, sagging facial features, and costly bone repair surgery.
Same-Day Dental Implant Cost in Charlotte
The cost of same-day dental implants depends on several factors, including your dental insurance, if you require a bone graft or additional procedures, your choice of anesthesia, and the complexity of your implant surgery. When you visit us for the consultation, our staff will discuss all of these factors with you and provide you with a cost estimate.
Our oral surgery practice offers a variety of implant treatments to improve your oral health and help you achieve a complete set of teeth. In order to make restorative dentistry accessible to more patients, we offer dental implant financing and accept a variety of payment methods. Ask our staff at any of our North and South Carolina locations about your options for financing oral surgery.
We Are Here For You
Learn about dental implants, schedule an appointment, and more at Carolinas Center for Dental Implants. Our office is in South Charlotte near the Ballantyne/Blakeney area. We look forward to meeting you and exploring your tooth restoration options.