Board-certified oral surgeon Dr. Peter Franco is a third-generation provider who has gained national and international recognition for his published works and lectures.
About Dr. Peter Franco
Hailing from the Empire State, Dr. Peter Franco is a third-generation doctor in his family. Dr. Franco earned his bachelor’s degree in Chemistry at Fordham University in the Bronx, New York where he received The Rev. Robert D. Cloney, S.J. Memorial Award which is given annually to one outstanding graduating Chemistry major. He went on to attend Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUSDM) in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. Franco finished TUSDM at the top of his class after receiving numerous awards and scholarships and taking honored courses including Dean’s List for academic achievement on the National Boards and the Thomas B. Hunt Endowed Scholarship for continued outstanding academic performance.
After graduation, Dr. Franco returned to New York City for his Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency at the prestigious New York New York University/Bellevue Hospital Center program. During his residency he was trained in the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery including dentoalveolar surgery (wisdom teeth extractions and comprehensive dental implant placement), head and neck pathology and reconstruction, bone grafting, and orthognathic surgery. After his residency, Dr. Franco completed a fellowship at Carolinas Centers for Oral, Facial, Cosmetic & Dental Implant Surgery under Dr. Brian Farrell participating in hundreds of complex orthognathic and reconstructive surgeries. It was during his fellowship year that he and his wife fell in love with the Carolinas.
Dr. Franco has co-authored numerous book chapters, posters, and journal articles both nationally and internationally with a range of topics from dentoalveolar surgery to jaw surgery and reconstruction with bone grafting and immediate dental implants. Additionally, he has lectured on oral and maxillofacial pathology and reconstruction across the United States. Dr. Franco continues to operate on the cutting edge of oral and maxillofacial surgery using virtual surgical planning and medical modeling to plan and perform the surgery on a computer prior to the actual operation.
Education and Residency
- Bachelors of Science, Chemistry—Fordham University
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)—Tufts University
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency—New York University/Bellevue Hospital Center
- Orthognathic and Facial Reconstruction Fellowship
- Orthognathic and Facial Reconstruction Fellowship—Carolinas Centers for Oral, Facial, Cosmetic, & Dental Implant Surgery
Amazing 5-Star Reviews
- Board-Certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS)
- American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (ACOMS)
- International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (IAOMS)
- North Carolina Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (NCSOMS)
- Charlotte Dental Society
- American Dental Academy (ADA)
- American Academy of Craniomaxillofacial Surgeons (AACMFS)
Dr. Franco enjoys spending time with his wife, Kara, and together exploring all that the southeast has to offer, from the mountains to the beaches.
As part of Carolinas Center for Oral & Facial Surgery Dr. Franco performs dentoalveolar surgery, orthognathic surgery, bone grafting, dental implants, oral pathology and facial trauma, as well as other surgical procedures.