Board-certified oral surgeon Dr. Farrell holds both a dental and a medical degree to ensure his patients are in good hands.
About Dr. Bart C. Farrell
Dr. Bart C. Farrell is a board-certified, second generation oral and maxillofacial surgeon. He received his bachelor’s degree from Wartburg College, then he earned his doctor of dental surgery degree at the University of Iowa College of Dentistry. He also completed medical school in conjunction with postgraduate training at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge.
After interning in general surgery at New Orleans’ Charity Hospital, he completed his oral and maxillofacial surgery residency at the Louisiana State University Health Science Center in Baton Rouge in 2006. During his residency, Dr. Farrell benefited from extensive training and exposure to all facets of oral and maxillofacial surgery including orthognathic and temporomandibular joint surgery, bone grafting and dental implants, oral pathology and facial cosmetic surgery.
Today Dr. Farrell continues to pursue a wide range of educational opportunities, including review courses in oral surgery, as well as fixed implant reconstruction, jaw pathology, oral pathology, bone graft harvesting, patient safety and more.
Education and Residency
- Bachelor’s Degree—Wartburg College
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)—University of Iowa College of Dentistry
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)—Louisiana State University
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency —Louisiana State University Health Science Center
Amazing 5-Star Reviews
- Board-Certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- North Carolina Dental Society
- Charlotte Dental Society