About Dr. Matthew Pham
Dr. Pham grew up in the Northeast outside of Philadelphia. His educational path began with a focus in art and biology at the University of Pittsburgh. After spending time working at an oral and maxillofacial surgery practice, he found a strong interest in trauma and jaw surgery.
Dr. Pham completed an accelerated undergraduate program in 3 years and earned both his Bachelors of Science and Doctorate of Dental Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh. He then went on to complete medical school, a general surgery internship, and a residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery at the University of North Carolina.
Dr. Pham enjoys the combination of art and medicine in broad scope oral and maxillofacial surgery. Being able to correct facial proportions and restore functions through surgery is the most fulfilling part of working with his patients. He looks forward to providing the Columbia area with his knowledge and experience.
Education and Residency
- BS in Combined Sciences—University of Pittsburgh
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)—University of Pittsburgh
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)—University of North Carolina
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency—University of North Carolina
Amazing 5-Star Reviews
- Advanced Care Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Awards & Recognition
- OMSNICase Grant Award, 2021
- Global Initiative for Volunteerism and Education Recipient, 2020
- ACOMS National Resident Abstract Competition, 2019 and 2018
- Philip J. Boyne Scholarship, 2017
- AAOMS Dental Student Award, 2015
- Quintessance Award for Research Achievement, 2015
- AADR Pittsburgh Chapter Student Research Award, 2013
- George I. Carson Graduate Fellowship
Articles & Publications
Dr. Pham’s research on orthognathic surgery, resorbable hardware, and pain management after wisdom teeth extractions have been published in national and international peer-reviewed journals. He has also authored a chapter in The Atlas of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery on temporomandibular joint replacement.
Dr. Pham enjoys traveling with his wife Linda and their dog Tori. They have backpacked Europe and are certified in scuba diving. They have also hiked Machu Picchu, Patagonia, and Mt. Kilimanjaro. He has a special affinity for mission trips and appreciates getting to experience a true understanding of other cultures.