What is a Dental Implant?
Even with improvements in dental care in America, millions still suffer from tooth loss–mostly due to tooth decay, gum disease (gingivitis), or injury. Previously, the only treatment options for missing teeth were bridges and dentures, but today, dental implants are available.
A dental implant are replacement tooth roots. These implants provide a strong foundation for fixed or removable teeth that are designed to match your natural teeth.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- Improved appearance–Dental Implants are designed to look and feel like your natural teeth. The implants are fused with your bone, so they become permanent.
- Improved speech–Unlike poor-fitting dentures, permanent dental implants can stop any slurred speech caused from the dentures slipping.
- Easier Eating–Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your food without any pain.
- Durability–Implants are extremely durable and will last many years. If you take care of your implants, they can last a lifetime.
- Convenience–Dental implants eliminate the need to remove your dentures or add adhesive to keep them in place.