Board-certified oral surgeon Dr. Howell leads the Greenville office at Carolinas Center for Dental Implants.
About Dr. Jim Howell
From Anchorage, Alaska, to his hometown of Greenville, South Carolina, board-certified oral surgeon Dr. Jim W. Howell has seen patients in new and familiar frontiers.
Dr. Howell earned his Business degree with an emphasis in Marketing from Clemson University in 2002. In 2007, he graduated with a Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry from the Medical University of South Carolina College of Dental Medicine. As a general dentist for 2 years, he also worked as an adjunct professor at the University of Florida’s College of Dental Medicine.
In 2009, he returned to MUSC for his oral and maxillofacial residency. His career took him to Anchorage, Alaska, where he held various teaching appointments as an oral surgeon with the NYU Lutheran Dental Medicine’s partnership with the Southeast Alaska Regional Health Consortium (SEARHC) in Juneau, AK.
Education and Residency
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)—Medical University of South Carolina James B. Edwards College of Dental Medicine
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency—Medical University of South Carolina Dept. of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellowship in Orthognathic Reconstructive Surgery—Carolinas Centers for Oral, Facial, Cosmetic, & Dental Implant Surgery
Amazing 5-Star Reviews
- Served as Adjunct Professor at the University of Florida’s College of Dental Medicine
- Taught at the NYU Lutheran Dental Partnership with Southeast Alaska Regional Health Consortium
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- South Carolina Dental Association (SCDA)
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS)