Dr. Wise is board-certified in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Carolinas Center for Oral & Facial Surgery.
About Dr. Edward Wise, Jr.
Dr. Edward M. Wise, Jr is a native of Beaufort, SC and graduated from Wofford College in 1995. He graduated from the Medical University of South Carolina in 2005. He received Advanced General Dentistry training at Fort Jackson and received his oral surgery training at Walter Reed National Military Medical Centre at Bethesda and Fort Bragg. He has served in the US Army for 16 years during which he deployed to Afghanistan with the 173rd Airborne Brigade for 15 months. During his last 4 years in the army as a staff oral surgeon at Fort Bragg, he served as the Assistant Program Director training residents in the Fort Bragg 4 year oral maxillofacial surgery program.
Dr. Wise is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and the National Dental Board of Anaesthesiology. He is a Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and the American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He is a member of the Academy of Osseointegration and the American Dental Association.
Dr. Wise has extensive training in dealing with trauma, infection, temperomandibular derangment, and pathology as well as dental implants, bone grafting, pre-prosthetic surgery, orthognathics, orthodontic, and cosmetic surgery.
Dr. Wise is married to Roxolana and together they have 4 children, 3 girls and a boy. They spend most of their time with their children but also enjoy boating, golfing, and occasionally snow skiing.
Dr. Wise still serves in the army reserve as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon.
Education and Residency
- Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD) – Medical University of South Carolina
- Advanced General Dentistry training – Fort Jackson
- Oral Surgery Training – Walter Reed National Military Medical Centre at Bethesda and Fort Bragg
- Board-certified with the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS)
- Board-certified with the American Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- Fellow of the American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- Fellow of the American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Fellow of the American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons