About Dr. Ashley Tankersley
Dr. Ashley Tankersley is a board-certified oral surgeon who comes from a family of medical professionals: her dad Dr. James Tankersley is oral surgeon and her mom is an anesthesiologist. When she was in dental school, she became interested in complex surgeries and was inspired to follow in her father’s footsteps and become an oral surgeon.
Devoted to helping others, Dr. Tankersley takes part in mission work nationally and internationally. As a medical professional, she feels it is her duty to give back and enjoys being of service to those who do not have access to dental care or cannot afford it. Dr. Tankersley is also a mentor for women in oral surgery, working with dental students interested in pursuing the oral surgery specialty. She has also contributed to several publications, including the Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Education and Residency
- BS in Biological Sciences—Clemson University
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)—Medical University of South Carolina College of Dental Medicine
- Residency—Wake Forest Baptist Hospital
- Residency—University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency—The University of Mississippi Medical Center
- General Dentistry Residency—Wake Forest Baptist Hospital
- Board-Certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS)
- American Dental Association(ADA)
- Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (ACOMS).
- South Carolina Dental Association (SCDA)
Amazing 5-Star Reviews
Dr. Tankersley practices at our Eastside office in Greenville.
Dr. Tankersley is an avid dog lover and enjoys adopting and caring for them with her husband. They have a husky, a pit bull, and expect a new canine addition to the family soon. One of her favorite activities is rounding them up for a hiking trip and spending time outdoors.