From Anchorage, Alaska to his hometown of Greenville, South Carolina, board certified oral surgeon Dr. Jim W. Howell has seen patients in new and familiar frontiers.
Dr. Howell earned his Business degree with an emphasis in Marketing from Clemson University in 2002. In 2007, he graduated with a Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry degree from the Medical University of South Carolina College of Dental Medicine. As a general dentist for two years, he also worked as an adjunct professor at the University of Florida’s College of Dental Medicine.
In 2009, he returned to MUSC for his oral and maxillofacial residency. His career took him to Anchorage, Alaska, where he held various teaching appointments as an oral surgeon appointment with the NYU Lutheran Dental Medicine’s partnership with the Southeast Alaska Regional Health Consortium (SEARHC) in Juneau, AK.
A passion for his hometown brought him back to Greenville as head of Carolinas Center for Oral & Facial Surgery’s Greenville office. He focuses on orthognathic surgery, treatment of maxillofacial trauma, facial trauma repair, dental implant reconstruction, cleft lip/palate surgery and wisdom teeth removal. Dr. Howell loves working in his hometown, where he lives with his wife and two (yes, two) sets of twins.
- Undergrad – BS Marketing – Clemson University
- Dental School – Medical University of South Carolina (College of Dental Medicine)
- Adjunct professor at the University of Florida’s College of Dental Medicine and NYU Lutheran Dental Partnership with Southeast Alaska Regional Health Consortium in Juneau, AK.
- Residency – Medical University of South Carolina
- Fellowship in Orthognathic Reconstructive Surgery – Carolinas Center for Oral and Facial Surgery – Charlotte, NC