For some people, weight loss and dieting are great until you reach those last few pounds that refuse to go anywhere. Genetics, stress, and other factors can make the weight loss journey difficult and cause your progress to come to a frustrating halt.
Fortunately, Carolinas Center for Cosmetic Surgery offers effective liposuction in Charlotte, North Carolina. Now, you can achieve your weight loss goals and feel more confident about your appearance.
The Benefits of a Liposuction
Liposuction can transform your figure and improve your appearance in many ways. Benefits of this effective cosmetic treatment include:
- Permanently Removes Fat – Since fat cells are completely removed from the targeted areas, you can expect long-lasting results.
- Safe, Reliable Treatment – Liposuction is a safe, reliable, and efficient way to break up fat cells and eliminate them from your body.
- Elevates Your Appearance – Attain a more contoured figure and physically attractive appearance by removing excess fat.
- Improves Your Health – Liposuction makes it easier to maintain a healthy weight and body mass index (BMI) by removing unwanted fat deposits.
- Increases Your Confidence – After attaining a more contoured body that you love to look at in the mirror, you will have better self-esteem and confidence.
- Removes Stubborn Fat Deposits – Liposuction can remove stubborn fat deposits to help you achieve your weight loss goals.
Am I a Good Candidate?
It is Generally Ideal For
If you are thinking about liposuction, you are a good candidate if you:
- Are within 30% of your ideal weight
- Have healthy, firm, and elastic skin
- Aim to reduce small pockets of fat after weight loss or pregnancy
- Are in good overall health
- Have healthy expectations for the treatment outcome
- Have enough time to rest and recovery
It is Not So Great For
In some cases, you may not qualify for liposuction if you:
- Have a BMI that is too high
- Want more fat removed than is recommended
- Are not healthy enough for surgery
- Have skin elasticity issues
- Are planning to get pregnant
- Do not plan to stop smoking
How Old Do I Have to Be?
Liposuction candidates should be at least eighteen years old to consider this procedure. While there is no age limit for liposuction, Dr. Mohamed will review your case and determine if you are an ideal candidate for the procedure.
The Procedure Process Explained
Your initial consultation is the first step towards achieving successful results with your liposuction treatment in Charlotte, North Carolina.
During your consultation, Dr. Mohamed will also perform an assessment of your body to get a better idea of your cosmetic concerns, goals, and expectations. Then, with this vital information, he will create a customized treatment plan that delivers long-lasting, predictable results.
Additionally, Dr. Mohamed will answer all your questions regarding liposuction, its safety and effectiveness, and your health. Our team puts you and your comfort first, so we work hard to ensure you feel confident moving forward with your treatment.
Other Things to Consider Before Getting a Liposuction
Are There Any Risks Involved?
Surgery has always associated risks; however, they can be minimized by choosing an experienced and board-certified cosmetic surgeon like Dr. Mohamed.
Risks associated with liposuction include bleeding, bruising, infection, numbness, changes in skin sensation, scarring, contour irregularities, and reactions to anesthesia.
Will I Need to Request Extensive Time Off From Work?
When you can resume your usual routine and return to work depends on the liposuction areas and the technique used. Generally, Dr. Mohamed recommends you take at least one week off from work to prioritize rest and recovery, but this will vary based on your individualized treatment plan.
Will I Have Scars After the Surgery
Dr. Mohamed uses the latest liposuction techniques and utmost precision and skill to reduce the amount of potentially scarring as best as possible. While you may have some small marks where your liposuction incisions were made, they will likely be very small and hardly noticeable. Though, this depends on the extent of your individual liposuction procedure.
Does My Insurance Cover the Procedure?
Most insurance providers do not cover liposuction, as this cosmetic procedure is considered elective rather than medically necessary. To explore your financing options, contact our practice.
How Long Will My Results Last?
Since fat cells are permanently removed from the body and cannot regenerate, your results should be long-lasting. However, there is always the possibility of gaining weight and creating new fat cells, which will affect your results. We recommend maintaining weight by eating a balanced diet, exercising regularly, and managing stress levels.
Is Getting Liposuction Really Worth it?
Liposuction can be a transformational treatment that helps elevate your self-esteem and confidence levels. If you have stubborn fat deposits that do not respond to exercise or dieting, liposuction may be the key to achieving your desired body, making the procedure absolutely worth it.
We’re Here For You
Do you have questions about liposuction in Charlotte, or would you like to schedule an appointment at Carolinas Center for Cosmetic Surgery? We are here for you, and we look forward to helping you find the right cosmetic treatment that helps you achieve your goals. Contact us to learn more at (980) 247-2927.