If time has taken a toll on your face, resulting in sagging skin, deep wrinkles, and a tired, aged appearance, our experienced board-certified oral, maxillofacial, and cosmetic surgeon—Dr. Waheed Mohamed—can help you address signs of aging with a beautiful facelift in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Dr. Mohamed uses a strategic combination of the latest facelift techniques, advanced technology, and artistic skills to erase the most visible signs of aging, restore a more youthful complexion, and elevate confidence and self-esteem.
Am I a Good Candidate?
It is Generally Ideal For
There are many reasons why you may want a facelift. However, this procedure is often a good choice if you have the following:
- Moderate to severe wrinkles
- Sagging or loose skin
- Lack of definition in the face and jawline
- Poor skin elasticity and muscle tone
- An older appearance than you desire
- Skin that has some flexibility and elasticity
- Realistic expectations
Additionally, you should be healthy enough for surgery, a nonsmoker, and free of medical conditions that may impair healing during recovery.
It is Not So Great For
If you are considering a facelift in Charlotte, this procedure may not be right for you if you:
- Are not in good physical or emotional health
- Have unrealistic treatment expectations
- Are concerned about a specific area, such as the eyes
- Do not have good-quality skin
- Desire a facelift for the wrong reasons
How Old Do I Have to Be?
Generally, you should be in your 40s or early 50s, as this is typically when a facelift can provide exceptional results. Though, if you are younger than this and believe you may benefit from a facelift, contact us to schedule a consultation.
The Benefits of a Facelift
Our faces naturally begin to look older due to the lack of collagen and elastin as we age. With a facelift in Charlotte, Dr. Mohamed can restore a more youthful appearance and address a wide range of cosmetic concerns.
A facelift can:
- Smooth out fine lines and wrinkles that dermal fillers or BOTOX® can’t fix
- Address deep folds on the face and neck
- Tighten the skin for a smoother appearance
- Restore fullness to the face
- Produce youthful-looking results in all areas of your face (instead of just one area)
- Be used in conjunction with other cosmetic procedures for an all-inclusive, transformational treatment
The Procedure Process Explained
At Carolinas Center for Cosmetic Surgery, our facelift procedure is highly-customized and precise to deliver beautiful results. To ensure you are fully prepared for the treatment, learn more about your initial consultation, how to prepare for your surgery, what your surgery will be like, and what you can expect during your recovery.
Other Things to Consider Before Getting a Facelift
If you are considering a facelift in Charlotte, there are some other aspects of this cosmetic procedure you should review before scheduling your consultation. These include the risks associated with a facelift, how much time you should take off from work, and what you can expect regarding results.
Are There Any Risks Involved?
As with any surgical procedure, facelifts have some risks, including bleeding, facial nerve injury, infection, numbness, skin discoloration, hair loss at the incision sites, and adverse reactions to anesthesia.
Dr. Mohamed will discuss these risks in more detail, but you can rest assured that when you choose a qualified and highly-experienced surgeon for your facelift, the chances of experiencing these risks are minimal.
Will I Need to Request Extensive Time Off From Work?
Dr. Mohamed recommends taking at least one week off from work to prioritize your healing and recovery time.
How Long Will My Results Last?
Facelift results should last a long time if you follow our maintenance tips, including:
- Taking care of your skin with an aesthetician-recommended skin care regimen
- Protecting your skin with UPF clothing and sunscreen
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Eating a nutritious diet
- Staying hydrated
- Getting good quality sleep
- Managing your stress levels
Is It Really Worth it?
If you feel self-conscious about your appearance due to deep wrinkles, sagging skin, or an aging complexion, a facelift may be the right cosmetic treatment to help you look and feel your best. Many of our facelift patients return to us with improved confidence, self-esteem, and quality of life, making this treatment highly worth it!
You’re in Good Hands With Carolina Centers
As a board-certified oral, maxillofacial, and cosmetic surgeon with years of experience, you can trust that Dr. Mohamed will help you achieve your aesthetic goals with a facelift in Charlotte. If you are ready to learn more about this comprehensive procedure or schedule a consultation, contact our practice at (980) 247-2927.