Injectable Dermal Fillers in Charlotte, NC
Injectable Dermal Fillers in Charlotte, NC
The breakdown of collagen is a natural part of the aging process. Collagen is a protein found throughout the body, especially in the skin, and is responsible for the skin’s firmness and elasticity. When collagen breaks down, fine lines and wrinkles appear. Many of the signs of aging are connected to the loss of facial volume.
Thankfully, there are many safe and effective treatments to restore volume to the face, including FDA-approved dermal filler injections. According to the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, over 1 million men and women receive facial fillers every year. Our board-certified oral and cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Waheed Mohamed, will ensure you have an outstanding experience and achieve all of your cosmetic goals through the variety of services we offer.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers
People receive fillers for many needs, ranging from the desire to have smoother skin or wanting more symmetrical facial features. A large benefit of this treatment is that it can be customized to match your needs. Your specialist will determine the exact area and amount of filler to use, creating personalized results you will enjoy. There are many benefits of facial fillers, including:
- Improve lines around the nose and mouth
- Restore volume to sunken temples or cheeks
- Reduce the appearance of vertical lip lines
- Plump and smooth out the lips
- Improve facial symmetry
- Minimally invasive
- No downtime
This type of cosmetic procedure helps many people achieve a higher sense of self-esteem and an overall rejuvenated appearance. To find out how we can make your cosmetic dreams a reality, contact our experts in Charlotte, North Carolina, today.
What Are Fillers Made Of?
Injectable fillers are gel-like substances that a specialist injects under the skin to provide more volume. Facial fillers can improve contours of the face, smooth wrinkles, and result in an overall younger-looking appearance. A licensed cosmetology professional should only perform this treatment, such as those at Carolinas Center for Cosmetic Surgery.
Soft tissue fillers are categorized based on what they're made of. The type used for your treatment will be determined on the results you desire and how long you wish results to last. Fillers can be made of:
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA). This naturally occurring substance is found in the skin. The body will gradually and safely absorb the contents of the filler in 6-12 months after insertion. Examples of FDA-approved HA fillers include JUVÉDERM®, Restylane®, and Belotero Balance®.
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA). Calcium hydroxylapatite is a naturally occurring substance found in bones. Calcium particles are suspended in the gel, creating a thicker consistency and providing more long-term results of over 12 months. Radiesse® is an FDA-approved CaHA filler.
- Poly-L-lactic Acid. This synthetic, biodegradable material is safe to use in the body and is classified as "collagen stimulators". The gel will dissolve a few days after treatment, but the results can last up to 2 years. Sculptra® Aesthetic is an FDA-approved Poly-L-lactic Acid filler.
- Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA). This biocompatible material is sphere-like and sits below the skin indefinitely for continuous results. Bellafill® is an FDA-approved PMMA filler.
- Autologous Fat Injections (Fat Grafting). This treatment requires surgery, but results last for many years. Your own fat is harvested, purified, and inserted into the areas where more volume is desired.
Types of Fillers We Offer in Charlotte, NC
Belotero Balance is an injectable prescription filler intended to smooth out moderate to severe nasolabial folds (the lines from the nose to the mouth) and vertical lip lines. Belotero Balance is an ideal treatment for these delicate areas and provides effective and temporary smoothness.
Restylane corrects moderate to several facial wrinkles, including “smile lines” and folds between the eyebrows. As an injectable gel filler, it can increase fullness in the lips and cheeks.
JUVÉDERM XC is an injectable gel filler that smooths lines and wrinkles around the mouth, with results that can last up to 1 year. Similar to Restylane, JUVÉDERM is a safe and effective method of rejuvenating your appearance.
Radiesse® is injected directly into the dermal area where more fullness is desired, such as smile lines, jowls, and cheeks. Patients can enjoy a younger-looking appearance immediately, with results that can last up to 1 year. We do not recommend it as a lip filler.
The Dermal Filler Procedure
Injectable dermal fillers are a minimally invasive way to achieve a smoother, fuller-looking appearance. When you visit us, our specialists will evaluate your skin type, condition, and determine if fillers are what you're needing to achieve your cosmetic goals. Side effects are possible with any treatment, but they are often rare for this procedure. Be sure to inform your specialist of any medical conditions or allergic reactions to chemicals and medicines.
At the time of your filler appointment, your specialist will clean the face. Although the needles are very fine, we may use a topical anesthetic cream prior to treatment to enhance comfort. Many fillers contain lidocaine, a numbing agent, for improved comfort. Your specialist will insert a precise amount of the filler beneath the skin in the targeted areas.
Some mild bruising and swelling is normal following treatment. This is not a major medical procedure, and there is no downtime. As soon as you leave our office, you can return to your normal routine. If you need to follow any specific instructions, our team will inform you of these before you leave the office. If at any point during your recovery you have questions, please contact our office.
Hear From Our Patients
We Are Here for You
Learn more about fillers, schedule an appointment, and more. Contact Carolinas Center for Cosmetic Surgery in Charlotte, NC, today.