Eyebrow Microblading in Charlotte, NC
Eyebrows are very important to the esthetics of the face and are often seen as a frame for the eyes. Having sparse eyebrows can affect this framework and other proportions of the face. Eyebrow microblading can create the right eyebrow shape for your face and enhance your natural appearance.
This treatment is essentially semi-permanent tattooing that a makeup artist, cosmetic specialist, or eyebrow doctor performs for longer-lasting results. Microblading uses a tiny, fine-point needle to deposit pigment on the eyebrows for the desired shape and fullness.
Microblading has helped many people improve their self-esteem by creating fuller eyebrows and long-term results. Those with skin diseases such as alopecia or who have suffered hair loss following chemotherapy treatment can now regain confidence and express their emotions with healthier-looking, balanced brows.
Benefits of Eyebrow Microblading
- Long-lasting results
- No maintenance required after treatment; simply return for annual touch-ups for optimal results
- Numbing cream makes sessions comfortable; no other anesthesia is necessary
- Results are waterproof and do not smudge or smear off
- Ideal solution for those looking to achieve fuller, better-shaped eyebrows
- Eliminate the need for a brow pencil, saving you time in the mornings
The Microblading Process
This treatment, known as cosmetic tattooing, requires two sessions spaced about 6 weeks apart. Eyebrow microblading is a very precise process, using a fine needle and feathered strokes. Before your procedure, you and our certified aesthetician will discuss the color, tone, and desired look. This treatment can be customized depending on your skin and eyebrow goals, making it popular for both men and women who desire fuller brows.
The initial session takes between 90 minutes and 2 hours to complete. Traditional tattoos use a tattoo gun to embed ink into the layers of the skin. Microblading is less intrusive but similar, using a method of scratching the skin and depositing pigment underneath. Your microblading artist will use numbing cream on the brow area to reduce discomfort during treatment.
After 6 weeks, a second session is needed to fill in any sparse areas and complete the look. As a semi-permanent treatment, the results of your eyebrow microblading treatment will last from 1–3 years, with touch-ups recommended every 12 months.
Patients who have oily skin or large pores may find their microblading treatment fading faster than expected. Before any treatment, your aesthetician will evaluate your skin type and will inform you if microblading is recommended.
- Discontinue any retinol products, glycolic acids, or AHAs for 2 weeks.
- Avoid eyebrow waxing or tinting treatment for 1 week before microblading.
- Do not consume alcohol and caffeine for 24 hours prior to treatment.
- Do not take aspirin, niacin, vitamin E, or ibuprofen for 24 hours.
- Avoid sun exposure for 1 week.
- Do not scratch or irritate the brows after treatment.
- We may provide an ointment to apply to the brows.
- You should keep your eyebrows dry from water and sweat for about 1 week.
- If you still wish to use a brow pencil, you can apply it after 1 week.
Frequently Asked Questions About Microblading
What's the difference between eyebrow microblading and eyebrow tattooing?
Traditional tattoos use a tattoo gun to penetrate 7 layers of skin to deposit ink, whereas microblading uses a fine-point tool to scrape away the skin's surface and deposit pigment. Microblading only penetrates 3 layers of skin, making treatment more comfortable. Tattoos last forever and the results from eyebrow microblading are semi-permanent, lasting for several years.
Are there any side effects?
Mild redness and soreness is not uncommon after a microblading session, but this will subside in a few days. Allergic reactions are rare. Be sure to tell your specialist about any known allergies or medical conditions prior to treatment.
How is the final eyebrow shape determined?
You are welcome to bring photos of the brow shape you desire, but this is not required. As licensed cosmetic professionals, we analyze your face and skin and will determine the right shape to balance your features. With years of experience, we use the right color and shaping techniques to give you the most esthetically pleasing results.