Dr. Blackburn is a prosthodontist who finds it rewarding to help his patients smile confidently and eat comfortably through a range of prosthodontic treatments.
About Dr. Blackburn
From Henderson, North Carolina, Dr. Blackburn pursued a career as a prosthodontist because of the life-changing physical and mental benefits it provided to others. He finds the ability to improve someone’s life by restoring their confidence and oral function incredibly rewarding and fulfilling. Dr. Blackburn approaches patient care with understanding and empathy so that others can feel calm and comfortable while receiving treatment.
After completing his residency, he spent time in general practice for a little over a year before joining Carolinas Centers for Oral, Facial, Cosmetic, & Dental Implant Surgery in October 2021. He was looking for a multi-specialty practice where he could collaborate with other patient-focused professionals and is excited to work along such a knowledgeable and friendly team.
Education and Residency
- BS in Biology—University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)—East Carolina University School of Dental Medicine
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry—East Carolina University School of Dental Medicine
- MS in Prosthodontics—University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Amazing 5-Star Reviews
- North Carolina Dental Society
- American College of Prosthodontists (ACP)
- Southeastern Academy of Prosthodontics (SEAOP)
Dr. Blackburn specializes in dental implants, crowns, bridges, treating TMJ disorders, and managing cases that involve restoring jaw bone or missing teeth.